3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Keyless Entry Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:25 AM
M_Shepherd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry Question

I bought an 06 1500 about a month ago, and it has power locks, but I didnt get a key fob with it, so I just assumed it didnt have keyless entry.

The more I thought about it, surely an 06 with power locks would have keyless entry, so do any of you guys know of a way I can tell if it has keyless entry???

Thanks

Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have an aftermarket alarm installed you will get new fobbs.

Otherwise, you'll have to go to the dealer so they can program one for you as you don't have an original to compare serial numbers to another one which will cost a pretty penny.
I'd go the aftermarket starter/alarm combo if I were you. I got my kit and it comes complete and ready to be installed with color coded directions. They make it really easy as they prepare each kit for your specific vehicle. Great customer service if you are having installation troubles, but I swear, they make it really easy, compared to the off shelf boxes from anywhere else. Check them out. HERE

FYI...My 2008 came with the giant keys that have the fobb on the back half. It was just to big for my pocket, so I have a normal one along with my 2-way pager. I would have thought your '06 would have come with the same? Maybe they started that in '07?(the giant keys that is)

Quick Reply: Keyless Entry Question