3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help with headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Momma's truck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with headlights

I have a 2002 Ram 1500 Quad cab, and recently the fog and running lights will not shut off when the switch is turned off. The headlights will turn off but everything else remains on. At first it only happened ocationally and if you turned on and off the switch the fog lights would shut off.

Now Today I could not shut them off at all. I removed the light switch and ended up removing the battery terminal to turn everything off.

Please help as this is my wifes truck and she cannot do the battery thing all the time.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:42 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

I would probably try a new headlight switch 1st, it sounds like its not working properly.... maybe a junkyard one if a NEW is expensive.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Momma's truck
Default Help with headlights

I removed the head light switch and still the lights stayed on. Is there a module for the lighting system in the truck? I looked at it last night and I had to remove the fog light fuse, I think #57 relay and a 45 amp fuse under the hood in order for everything to go off.

I do have trailer tow package on the truck and was thinking that my 7 way could be shorted causing a back feed and haven't gotten that far yet.

Quick Reply: Need help with headlights