3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Power windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:54 PM
chas03ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After getting into this forum I can't believe all the people that have had the same problem with the window lock out switch in the main panel. Gee, maybe I should go into making new master panels and I could retire. Ha Ha

Old 09-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Drangiz
Rookie

Originally Posted by chas03ram
I cut the Orange/Light blue wire and connected it to the main power wire which is the Pink/Yellow.
So you are saying that if I cut and then join these two wires, which I assume are in the wiring loom that plugs into the switch, that it will bypass the lockout switch? Please provide more detail if possible, thanks.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:48 PM
WWJD
Veteran

found something to do to my truck. I love this forum.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:52 PM
02dodgeram5.9
Professional

Hey thanks again for the help on that. Hooking that up to the power wire looks like it fixed the problem...i will keep an eye on it tho. But i think it is finally fixed...THANK GOD..it was starting to tick me off..thanks again

Old 09-24-2009, 09:59 PM
WWJD
Veteran

Before you go cutting and splicing make sure your connections under the panel are tight.

I have an 02' single cab and had this same commen problem. Drive side works for all but all don't work for themselves but can stop window if you use the button while driver side is rolling window up or down blah blah blah.......Very commen problem.

This may not work for everyone but after searching dodgeforum with the term "window switch" I found all kinds of inconclusive responses and unanswered threads I firm gripped the harness under the switch panel with my finger and thumb. Then I shoved the wires and harness into the underside of the panel.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Itchy01

I have only a problem with my left rear window not going up. All the other windows work from the master and doors. So I checked power to the switch in the left door, then throught the switch to the motor. Power was there, so I replaced the motor. No change. I then replaced the switch with the one from the right door, same problem, the window on the right door worked fine with the switch from the left door. ( So I know the switch isn't bad). Now i'm stuck. Any suggestions?

Old 05-01-2012, 09:39 PM
willard2080
Default passenger window in my 02 ram quad cab

I have been looking around but haven't found my answer yet. Heres my problem I have a 02 ram quad cab all my windows work good but my passenger one. i replaced the whole window mechanism and still will either stop half way or slow way down. The motor gets hot to the touch. I have check the wires, voltage, and proper placement and no conclusion. please help

Old 05-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Owensue
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this issue on my 02 ram with the passenger window. The large pink wire running through the driver door connector (in the rubber boot) had a break right at the connector in there. I soldered it and voila. A crimp connection would be more permenant solution and handle the current better.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:44 AM
bbradUSMC

I had the same problem with the 04 ram with only the master switch working for the windows I just bought yesterday. I just went out and pulled the master switch panel and unplugged the connectors and put the back in with a little force and clicked the window lock button a few times and wallah they all work. Thanks guys.

Last edited by bbradUSMC; 05-31-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:23 AM
chipdogg

Originally Posted by bbradUSMC
I had the same problem with the 04 ram with only the master switch working for the windows I just bought yesterday. I just went out and pulled the master switch panel and unplugged the connectors and put the back in with a little force and clicked the window lock button a few times and wallah they all work. Thanks guys.
Same on my Ram. Got it a few months ago and never noticed the problem (not many passengers rolled down windows until it got warm out) until recently. I hit the window lock button a million times, didn't fix it. Thought it was just passenger front window until I tried rear windows today, none worked except at master switch. I was about to jumper it like the one guy did, but sprayed contact cleaner on all the plugs, up into the window lock switch (not sure if it got there) and worked it a bit. Plugged it in and holy crap all my windows work right!

Bunch of stupid stuff wrong with the truck so far. Dude didn't plug in connector all the way when he did wheel bearings so cruise didn't work for 3 months. Took 10 seconds to fix.

Quick Reply: Power windows