3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram Foglight Accessory Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 12:02 AM
mikes440
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram Foglight Accessory Question

New to the forum, have a Quad Cab Hemi - it didn't come from the factory with foglights, so I bought Mopar part number 82208102 kit off Dodgeparts.com to add them. I was bringing my truck in for a couple warranty items anyway so I asked my dealer to install them figuring for $75-100 it'd be done right since you have to take the dash apart to mount a factory switch and splice/solder into the headlight wiring so they go off when the high beams are on, etc..........so when I pick up the truck, I see an additional relay charged on my bill, no big deal, but I was curious why they needed it, since this looked like a complete kit. Next thing I know, the foglights work intermittantly and when they go out, so does the driver's side low beam.........I brought it back to the dealer and they are giving me a hard time since I didn't buy the kit from them.....they say there was a bad relay in the kit, but then start some double talk when I ask them about the additional relay they charged me for.......I told them that they obviously installed it incorrectly and they should be responsible to get them working properly. We're at a standoff, and I'm pissed, any ideas??

Old 04-01-2005, 04:36 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker
Default RE: Ram Foglight Accessory Question

:\ that sucks.. go somewhere else and have it checked

meh i want my fog lights to stay on when i hit the high beams :\

Old 04-01-2005, 04:49 AM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Ram Foglight Accessory Question

The best suggestion I have for dealing with the dealer or on any waranty is when they are trying to bully you:

1) walk in and talk to the boss, and try to handle it with him.

2) If that don't work walk over in the area of the nearest customer that is looking to buy a car and start telling them about the "great waranty and return policys" that they have and you will get pretty much whatever you want.

3) If that don't work, jump up and down and whine like a child, hey its your last resort, lol

Quick Reply: Ram Foglight Accessory Question