3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

This is NOT just another "exhaust" post!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:59 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by motorhead426
Not my ideal first run for my exhaust, specially on a muddy gravel road.
This is where i am spoiled. i would never live on a gravel road because you could never keep your vehicle clean. i would never live on a hilly driveway and i would never live where I had to park on the street......lol

You did a nice job and it was time and money well spent. Just work on that exhaust clip.
I'd start a new thread for that so guys will know when it's posted.

Ohh, what is that gray stuff dripping out from your sensor bungs? That isn't anti-sieze I hope? that stuff isn't good to get in contact with the surface of the sensors. only a teeny bit is needed ideally.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:01 PM
motorhead426
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
This is where i am spoiled. i would never live on a gravel road because you could never keep your vehicle clean. i would never live on a hilly driveway and i would never live where I had to park on the street......lol

You did a nice job and it was time and money well spent. Just work on that exhaust clip.
I'd start a new thread for that so guys will know when it's posted.

Ohh, what is that gray stuff dripping out from your sensor bungs? That isn't anti-sieze I hope? that stuff isn't good to get in contact with the surface of the sensors. only a teeny bit is needed ideally.
Yes it's anti-sieze. I made sure it didn't get on the sensor. It got on the hex part where the wrench grabs it and the rain washed it down the tube before it go hot. It was really pouring down rain that night. I kept thinking to myself (inside the garage) "Boy, listen to that wind" But it was really the rain.

I'll never buy a house on a gravel road either. I totally agree with you on just about everything you said, like the hilly driveway (especially in Michigan) unless it was heated like a buddy of mine has...

I'll get working on the sound clip as soon as I can.

Quick Reply: This is NOT just another "exhaust" post!