3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gettin ready to install a few things

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 06:54 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gettin ready to install a few things

Alright I will be installing the headers first thing tomorrow morning. Few questions. I decided to get rid of the cats for now. I dont want to mess with them at the moment to make them fit. So I know I need to get some non foulers for the O2's, does anyone know what size I need to get? Also any issues I may run into that one of youguys had when installing your LT's?

Also, is there any problems with removing the Stage8 bolts? I know they will be a bitch to put on but how are they to remove? Reason I ask is that I need to remove them to put the cam in and if I need to not put the extra locking clip in in order to get them out easier I would like to know a head of time.

Also anyone using the Pacesetter Y pipe? If so how far back did it move the stock Y location back? I need to keep a specific distance there to not have to redo my entire exhaust setup (dont have the tools to redo everything at the moment).

I will be installing the swaybar when I get home tonight since its finally nice outside (low 90's). The setup is really simple, or at least it appears to be so that should be in soon.

One more thing, I will be doing the spark plugs while the headers are out. What should they be gapped to? I know most of the time they come pre gapped but I want to double check them before they go in.

I think thats all for now... I will post pics as things get put on...

Old 10-02-2009, 06:57 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all i know is the spark plugs lol. they are supposed to be gapped at .045

Quick Reply: Gettin ready to install a few things