3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Door Locks, No Keyless entry??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 03:39 AM
BoostAK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Door Locks, No Keyless entry??

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram QC 1500 and it has power door locks, but when I bought the truck it didn't come with a keyless remote so I ordered one online and took it to the Dodge dealership to get it programmed and they told me my truck doesn't have the keyless module? I have power door locks and assumed it had keyless entry, but I guess not. They told me it would be $250 for the module. So for that money I'm thinking about going with the Viper 5901 Alarm/Remote Start system ($240 ish on ebay) because I really want remote start anyways and keyless would be nice. So my question is do I need the keyless module thing the dealership said I didn't have to make the viper system work with my power door locks? Or can I get the Viper 5901 without the OEM keyless entry module? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:59 PM
BoostAK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know?

Quick Reply: Power Door Locks, No Keyless entry??