3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 hemi shifting problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 02:43 PM
BPAgent_SOTX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 hemi shifting problem

hello all, i own a 06 ram 1500. my problem is at about 40-45 mph, my truck shifts into overdrive but it shifts hard. it seems like a sledge hammer hit the trans. this does not happen all the time but at least 5 times a week. i took it to a transmission shop and they found nothing wrong with it. no codes. oil level good and oil itself was good

several month ago, it happened but this time it wouldnt shift into first and it wouldnt get out of that gear. check engine light came on. the code was shift soleniod B was not working properly. i was told i had to buy the entire soleniod pack.

then for some odd reason, no code and trans worked just fine.i know there is a problem. and yes, i need to fix it.

so the question if i replace the soleniod pack, will this problem be fixed?
if not, then my next question is what is wrong with my truck?

Old 10-12-2009, 04:32 PM
texas red
Amateur

The soleniod pack pack is bad irratic codes obvs explian a relay in communacations with main brain in truck. Other question for you do you turn your overdrive to off when driving in city/town driving stop and go driving if not you should be as that is a higway use and will shift up and down excessivly when is left on. When its off you only utilize 1st thru 3rd gears. My 94 dakota was awaful on down shift when i would forget at times (rarely cus i have fords also that have the overdrive off switch so I got used to turning it off when in town kinda part of start up procedure for me) and would send it home hard so to speak on the down shift.
Many peole will work a auto tranny to death and have failing componets such as what your experiancing when they dont turn off for stop and go use over a period of time.

Last edited by texas red; 10-12-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:28 AM
BPAgent_SOTX

when the overdrive kicks in higher than 55mph, it shifts normal. when the OD is turned off, also everything shifts normal.

Quick Reply: 06 hemi shifting problem