3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to get LED reverse lights working

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:05 PM
ChaseRAM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get LED reverse lights working

I just finished putting in my new smoked recon tail lights in my 07 RAM 1500 *they look great!*, only problem is I can't get the LED reverse lights working. I remember reading somewhere that on some vehicles you have to do some rewiring to get the reverse lights working because they require a lot less power to operate so therefor the vehicle thinks there's a burnt out bulb. What wiring will I have to adjust so they will turn on when put in reverse?

-Thanks

Old 10-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Hemi-5.7
Professional

i just installed mine this past weekend. there sick. I had alil issue wen i was installing the LED reverse light also. it goes in really smooth one way but it doest work, you have to flip it around to the other side/ kinda jam it in. I know it seems kinda weird but thats what worked for me.

Also i was wondering if anyone could chime in about how bright there LED reverse light it. It looks good and everything but i found the stock bulb to be way more effective as a reverse light. Cant see much.

hope this helps bro

Old 10-13-2009, 10:01 PM
ChaseRAM
Professional

That was it man, I went back out after posting this and switched which way I put them in and that fixed it. I thought it was due to another reason but I was wrong. Thanks for the help!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Hemi-5.7
Professional

no problem man, kinda weird how it works like that. But do you notice how it doesnt really kick off as much light as u would think it would? maybe theres an adjustment or something idk

Old 10-14-2009, 08:56 AM
ChaseRAM
Professional

Yeah I also bought that LED dome kit for the inside and it was the same way. They would only work when put in a certain way which threw me off because I didn't think it mattered which end went in which. The reverse lights aren't near as bright as the factory ones but I can live with it. I just love how the tail lights look I've been wanting these for a while now

Last edited by ChaseRAM; 10-14-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LEDs don't send as much light as halogen bulbs do.

They are brighter, but only for a short distance...

Quick Reply: How to get LED reverse lights working