3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Confusion!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Hollywood589
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confusion!

I'VE been looking to do a sport conversion on my truck and called the dealership and the guy told me that it would be about 2 grand bc the reg front bumper and the sport front bumper are completely different and they have 2 different mounting brackets and it's all different. Is this true and anybody know if anyone is selling a sport front bumper

Old 10-14-2009, 12:33 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the sport bumper for the 06-08 slides over the regular bumper im pretty sure

Old 10-14-2009, 12:49 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

Im doing the same thing to my truck and jumped through the roof when I found out what the dealer wants.. Buy the front through LMC truck.. way cheaper.. and it is a different set up, theres the plastic bumper cover and then it mounts to a bumper inside that is different then the chrome bumpers we have now so you do have to buy that also.. But the new inner bumper mounts just the same as our chrome ones do so I dunno what the hell he was talkin about with all the mounting issues.. Most the people that work at dealerships service counter dont know there ******* from a hole in the ground.. Dont even get me started on them.. And to save yourself money just sand down your grill and wire wheel the chrome off your rear bumper and just take it all in like that to a paint shop with the front bumper to get them to paint it to match the truck.. Since when you buy a grill and rear bumper thats exactly what you will get from them anyways is a black primer grill and bumpers that you need to take for paint anyways..

Old 10-14-2009, 01:59 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

go aftermarket way cheaper.....

Old 10-14-2009, 02:09 PM
NoFearEyes
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sport bumpers on my 2002 1500 are a PITA !! If you look at them cross-eyed they will dent. They aren't tuff enough for a truck--girlie bumpers as far as I'm concerned.

Quick Reply: Confusion!