3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

superchip info....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 01:45 PM
guido7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superchip info....

OK, I have read all the info regarding Super and Hyper chip modules for the Hemi, now if its possible I would like to hear from people that HAVE these units and there remarks on the performance and quality of them, as they see it....I have spoken to speed shops, stores that sell these units and others locally but I think it would be interesting to hear from the drivers and purchasers of these units, to get THEIR opinions....
Jmp in and voice your remarks, I know myself, and others would appreciate it a lot..

Some things I have heard about the chips is that they will not adjust (make more stout) the tranny..
also that they dont give a noticable diff regarding power...that mileage does not change, that they mess with your comptr... etc, etc....
Love to have a forum on this to finally give answers to many needed questions.... and I know The Forum is the place to get them ....

Thanks for all your imput....GUIDO[8D][sm=feedback.gif]

Old 04-06-2005, 12:39 PM
bridogr1
Default RE: superchip info....

I have been looking at these things also. I have been reading all I could for the last few weeks. I know someone just did a little test and posted there results. They did timed runs on the same road, same distance with the different programs from the Superchips. It seemed like it made a difference in performance.

I have just ordered the Superchips so as soon as I get it I will let you know what I think. I already did the cat-back exhaust and cool air intake. So this was the next step for me.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Bobs 04 Hemi

I have installed the hypertech programer and am starting to fall in love with it. At first I wondered if it really made a difference, but after the first tank of gas she got really aggressive. I would try it and if you don't see it, send it back. I also have an air intake and exhaust which the service tech said would make the programer even more responsive. I need to get my foot out of it and see if it saves on gas considering that's the reason I gave my wife for buying it!?! Anyway, I am still within the 30 day trial, so if you here anything bad, please let me know.

Old 04-06-2005, 07:06 PM
guido7
Veteran

Thanks guys, these are things that the stores dont say.. they just want your money, LOL.... so far it sounds good and will probably buy one soon.... Input is ALWAYS good on these things.... That way you dont get burned.............

"if life gives you sh-t, put it in your neighbors yard "

Old 04-06-2005, 08:56 PM
hemiwolf
Rookie

The post I had on superchips times was here: https://dodgeforum.com/m_182450/tm.htm

Old 04-06-2005, 10:21 PM
p2ii

bridogr1 where'd you get your superchips and how much? I'm looking at getting one also.

Old 04-06-2005, 11:53 PM
guido7
Veteran

I just checked the superchips web site and they are saying that the Hemi superchip is not available for the 04 and newer trucks....
anyone know if this is current news or not??? I assumed the 03 and 04 hemi's are the same.... any response to this would be appreciated.

web site www.superchips.com

Old 04-07-2005, 12:28 PM
AZ_HEMI

The way I understand it, the programmer for the 04-05 will be the same and is NOT out yet, but is expected to be released within the next month or so. There were some differences in the computer programming from the 03 HEMI's to the 04's.

Also, the rumor on the street is that they've found a way to get even more hp out of the 04 HEMI than with the 03... But we'll see.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:40 PM
guido7
Veteran

AZ, the thing that amazes me is that they and Hyper claim they can get 25 to 35 additional HP out of the Ford and Chevy motors but only 16 from the Hemi... hopefully what you say is true and they can pump out more from the 04 hemi.... I plan on calling them today and seeing what they have to say... I will let you know if I get a response.... Thanks, and keep this rolling, its getting good info to all....later GUIDO

Old 04-07-2005, 04:11 PM
bridogr1

I just did the install of my superchips at lunch. I only got to drive around the block so I can't give a full review as of yet. The one thing I really noticed is the shifts are much better. When you are running and stomp the gas the downshift is much quicker and more responsive. It doesn't have the long pause that it used to. Also when at a stand still you stomp it and the shifts are just as quick and crisp. They slam right in and the power almost never drops out.

After my drive home from work and into work tomorrow, I will give a better impression.

Quick Reply: superchip info....