3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Misfires???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 04:25 PM
SammMoney
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfires???

Hello everyone, I am new around here, my beast started giving me some problems so I thought I would pop in and seek some assistance.

I'm driving a 2002 Ram 1500 with the 5.9L in it.

A month or two ago, when I would go out and start the truck in the morning, to go to work, the truck would shake, like the engine was misfiring.

Start driving, the truck was fine. Now that it has been getting a slight bit colder I am starting to let the truck run in the morning with the defrost on. Starts up runs as stated above, start to drive away from home problem goes away. Yesterday I started driving up a hill on the way to work, the truck felt like I was quickly tapping the gas and letting go over and over again. Got to the top of the hill problem went away the truck ran fine the rest of the day. This is until, last night when I went to the ladies friends house, truck was doing the same thing.

Plugs wires and Dist cap were changed last year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 10-23-2009, 12:49 AM
froto'sride
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two things but they both deal with fuel. injectors and filters. your pump discharge press is regulated by the pcm/ecm based on load. if either are clogged you will have problems under loads especially @ low rpms i.e warm up with defrost/ac on. the hills fall in same catagory

Quick Reply: Misfires???