3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:28 PM
05_hemiram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow

So I've decided to go with a magnaflow muffler on my truck. When I had the straight pipe put on last weekend, they used a piece 2.5" pipe, and the clamps they used on the flanged ends of the new 2.5" pipe are 2.75". Does this mean that my factory exhaust isn't 3"?? If they flanged 2.5" to 2.75" and it fits over the factory pipe that means the factory is less that 2.75" no? This has me so confused lol. I'd like to clamp the new muffler into the 2.5" piece. Does this mean I need to get a muffler with 2.5 in/2.5 out? How do I clamp it with no flanged ends? Sorry for the dumb questions. I'm a newb to the exhaust game.

Any recommendations for a good magnaflow muffler to bolt in? Exhaust vids and part numbers would be awesome. Thanks!!

Riley

Old 10-27-2009, 08:34 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

order the muffler for your exhaust size and it will slide over and clamp on.
for example, you have 3" exhaust so you order a 3" in 3" out and it will slide over your stock pipe.
If you have a hemi you should have 3" all the way out the back

look on youtube for exhaust clips, lots on there

Quick Reply: Magnaflow