3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone ever replaced a TCC solenoid?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 10:07 PM
tamtomjdcalrily
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02WhitereRam
My check engine light came on today while on the way to work. I scanned it and found code P0740 Torque Converter Clutch Soleniod Circuit Malfunction. My RPMs on the highway have been fluctuating about 200 or so RPMs every once in a while and I think its because the torque converter clutch is engaging and disengaging but I wasn't 100% sure. So I guess I'm not suprised to see this code but feel a little more reassured that the solenoid is probably the problem.So anyways my question is has anyone ever replaced the Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid? I think I read somewhere that you have to remove the trans pan obviously and then unbolt the valve body and its in there... is this correct? I am a GM mechanic so I will do the work myself.Thanks!Steve
Had p0740 code for 2002 dodge caravan 3.3 L. Replaced solenoid pack and input and output speed sensors. Cleared code and code came back 7 miles later. Sure torque converter clutch is bad. Also, replaced tranny filter and fluid first. Dodge has a bad rep for its trannys and is well deserved. Will never buy one again. Don't know about your truck but on the caravan the solenoid was mounted externally on the side of the tranny. A 24 inch 3/8 extension and a 3/8 swivel were needed tools. Watched video on YouTube how to replace it. Good luck.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

two years after the fact, our friend is going to need more than luck..

Old 01-19-2017, 05:24 AM
shanes76
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting ready to do the same thing, 2002 ram 1500 4x4 with the 4.7 I have the 45rfe trans and it takes a solenoid pack instead of separate solenoid, is the pressure sensor included in the pack or is it seperate

Quick Reply: Anyone ever replaced a TCC solenoid?