3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

gibson question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 07:56 PM
way2low01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rchapman721
that sucks! i would be pissed. good luck. i got mine yesterday and installed it today, sounds awsome.
Yes, I'm pissed. So are you happy with the sound? Is it what you were expecting?

Old 12-28-2009, 10:46 AM
rchapman721

yea it sounds good. was kind of quite at first, but after i drove it a little it got a bit louder. had 1 on my 4.7 dakota so i had an idea of what to expect. i was just happy that all the correct parts were in the box. luckily i only live 10 min. from summit racing and could of taken it right back if it wasnt right.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:16 PM
way2low01

Okay, I finally got mine installed. Its been a nightmare dealing with the company I ordered it from. Because of they're error I have to pay to ship the whole box back to them rather than them just ship me the correct muffler. Here's the ****ty part. Once they receive the exhaust back, rather than just send me the correct part, they're policy states they will credit my account back which could take 2 weeks or more. After that clears, I would then have to reorder the exhaust and wait another week before it arrived. Damn ridiculous if you ask me. So I dropped off the exhaust yesterday, payed 57 bucks to ship it back because of they're damn error, money I will never see again. As soon as I got home, I ordered the exhaust from another vendor and it was on my door step today. Get this, it had the right parts in it So at least now i have what i wanted and it will keep me happy until i get my refund from the first crappy business. The exhaust bolted right up no problems and it sounds perfect. Its not ear piercing but its just enough to let them know your coming. I love it.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

I put the Gibson Swept Side on my truck a little over 2yrs ago. For your sake I hope you opted for the stainless, and not the cheaper aluminized. I went the cheap route and after less than 2yrs my exhaust was completely rusted out. At this point the entire tailpipe has fallen off and the muffler has rusted completely through in multiple spots. I just ordered over $800 in Magnaflow and JBA exhaust, every bit of it stainless. I'll never make that mistake again. I'm not mocking Gibson, I'm sure thier stainless would last forever too, but I've heard alot of good things on here about the Magnaflows. As for the sound, it did sound good for a while, now it sounds like it's leaking everywhere, because it is.

PS.. Who was the supplier that is screwing you out of shipping costs, a name would help alot of other people to avoid them.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:36 PM
way2low01

Well, I went the cheap route too. I guess Ill see how it holds up. Seems like a quality piece, i sure hope it doesn't rust to **** in a week lol. Oh, and don't use www.partsgeek.com terrible place to do business with. I swear they have one person who works customer service. You better hope they ship you the right part because if they don't, your paying shipping costs to return the product to them, money you don't get back.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

That's BS, if it's thier mistake, it should be thier shipping bill. Being in VA yours may hold up a little longer. All I know is the aluminized didn't like NY, maybe the road salt and calcium cloride in the winters did it. Either way, it's full stainless for me from here on out.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:14 PM
rchapman721

i had an aluminized on my dakota for over 2 yrs and didnt have any problems with it rusting. im in akron ohio and they use that beat juice bs and a crap load of salt for the little bit of snow we get. hopefully i have the same luck with the one i just installed.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:14 PM
CJD312

Anyone ever get a sound clip of the gibson single swept side? Looking at throwing one on my 07 Hemi QC 1500.

Quick Reply: gibson question