3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I got Rammed

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 03:49 AM
RamIt33
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got Rammed

Kinda long but its my story.

Okay guys havent been online for a while. Anyways today i was going home and when i stopped at a stop sign i gor rear ended. As some of you know i have a 07 dodge ram. This guy that hit me was driving a 1988 ford truck. Dont ask me how but when i got out of my truck i was like dam its going to be al messed up. WHen i looked i didnt even have a mark on my bumber. I same nice i looked at his trick it had a square in dention on his bumber from mt tow hitch set up lol. and his grill was gone, shattered in pieces. Any ways i thought i didnt have no damage. The next daY when it was sunny i looked at my truck again nothing was wrong with it. I looked under my truck and my dual exahust was smashed about four inches back under my truck.both my pipes where bent and the tipes where demalished.

I told my truck to a place where they do exahust systems when he lifted my trick my pipes had also went into my rear shocks and bent those too. also i had kinks in my pipes all the way to the front where my cats are.

i was so pissed. Anyways his insurance is paying for it

I am getting a complete new system. With shorty heads, 2.5 pipe exahust, running a new x pipe and putting some cherry bomb glass packs. a complete new design from a 3inch pipe dual flow master 40's and a x pipe. Kinda new design lol.

So yea thats my story dont know how he nose dived under my truck with his but he messed me up pretty bad.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:00 AM
disturbedgator
Captain

slam on brakes=nose dive? next time use spell check. but even more than that, you say today at a stop sign, then you go on to say the next day when it was sunny, wtf man? if you have a time machine i want in on it. otherwise get your own blue prints. and dont demalish my tipes ROFLMAO!!!

Old 11-15-2009, 06:15 AM
bigdaddyII
Captain

Bet you weren't LOLing too hard when you discovered that you had the most damage after all.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:57 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Damn good thing you had info on the guy and just didn't say "uh, I got no damage, no problem, have a nice day, bye"...

Old 11-15-2009, 07:22 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Damn good thing you had info on the guy and just didn't say "uh, I got no damage, no problem, have a nice day, bye"...
Same thing I was thinking.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:39 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

sucks. did your tail pipes stick out farther than your hitch? oh well new exhaust = happy. i have backed into a few things with my reciever and i was glad it was there. i have a back up camera that i will install in the spring w/ my roll pan

Old 11-19-2009, 12:36 AM
RamIt33
Professional

NO my tail pipes didnt stick out i had just taken off my hitch awhile back, but what he his was what my hitch bolts on to. My tips where even with my bumper but not any more. The appraiser came today so lets see what he quotes me at.

Any ideas you guys think that i should do to my exhaust all ideas whould be great

Old 11-19-2009, 01:37 AM
05RamMan
Captain

Wow, Another truck did that? Ouch. I am waiting for someone to rear end me, They all seem to love my bumper like it were candy. I get cars that travel so close to my rear end that I can barely see them even with my tow mirrors. I know when someone does rear end me it is gonna hurt them pretty bad as I have a 3 ball drop hitch pretty much constantly hanging there. But hey, I could use a new exhaust and some new shocks, lol. Sometimes when I am towing I wonder if im gonna go home with 2 vehicles, lol.

I watched an accident a while back where a lady in a celica ran under the rear of a beat up 2nd gen ram 1500. The guy got out, looked at the horrible damage to her car and then looked at the complete lack of damage to his truck and just started laughing. The lady went ballistic on him, Started slapping on him and hitting him with her purse. In the end the car got towed, She got hauled off to jail for assault and the guy went on his way still laughing. I wish I had my cell camera then, It was a sight to see, lol.

Last edited by 05RamMan; 11-19-2009 at 01:42 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:49 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Put the hitch back on... It saves bumpers. I had some dumbass driver last year or the year after tailgate me during rush hour traffic. The ******** was so close to me that I could not see him in my rearview mirror or side mirrors, so when I had to stop at a stop light cause the light was red and everyone in front of me stopped the dip sh*t didn't see it and rear ended me. Got out of the truck to yell at him and he had the ***** to yell at me asking why I stopped, oh I dont know, maybe because the 10 cars in front of me stopped at the red light!!! Anyways, after looking at the truck there was no damage, but his bumper had a perfect square hole in it from the reciever. If I did not have that reciever on there he probaby would have slid under the truck taking out the exhuast I had at the time and would have done more damage. It still pisses me off, I wished I would have had a 2ft hitch on there too, would have done some real damage to his car then...

Glad to hear everything is semi alright though, your truck should perform a bit better with the new setup vs the old one. Post some clips when you get it fixed up.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:23 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by truckin151
Put the hitch back on... It saves bumpers. I had some dumbass driver last year or the year after tailgate me during rush hour traffic. The ******** was so close to me that I could not see him in my rearview mirror or side mirrors, so when I had to stop at a stop light cause the light was red and everyone in front of me stopped the dip sh*t didn't see it and rear ended me. Got out of the truck to yell at him and he had the ***** to yell at me asking why I stopped, oh I dont know, maybe because the 10 cars in front of me stopped at the red light!!! Anyways, after looking at the truck there was no damage, but his bumper had a perfect square hole in it from the reciever. If I did not have that reciever on there he probaby would have slid under the truck taking out the exhuast I had at the time and would have done more damage. It still pisses me off, I wished I would have had a 2ft hitch on there too, would have done some real damage to his car then...

Glad to hear everything is semi alright though, your truck should perform a bit better with the new setup vs the old one. Post some clips when you get it fixed up.
There's that time machine again! Wouldn't the year after last year be this year?

Quick Reply: I got Rammed