3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help with diablo sport preditier.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:55 PM
reddakota34
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay thanks for all the help truckin151.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:12 AM
reddakota34
Professional

got another question guys, Well i maid shore i was allmost completely emty and filled up with 93, Then switch the programmer from 87 performance tune to 93 performance tune and i must say not the gains i was hoping for. It felt like i loss power? it didnt have the tork like it did before and the pulling power at wot. I mean i only switched it to the 93 tune for an our and drove it but still. The only increase i felt is wot after 90 mph and thats it. the 87 perfomance tune witch i switched it back to now deffinitly alot better than the 93tune. What do you guys think?

Old 11-24-2009, 12:44 AM
reddakota34
Professional

For you guys that has have experience with the tuner, what do you think?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:05 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Okay... It is basically the same as the the superchips programmer in this aspect. The lower tune like the 87, pulls hard down low which makes it a great in town/city tune as well as a good MPG. From my experience, the superchips flashpaq was the same way. Now the other tunes are for more top end performance, and pull the best up top. Personally I am running the 91 tune and am more than happy with the results cause you can feel it more in the mid-high end, I guess (again just a guess) that the 93 is strictly a top end tune if that makes any sense.

One thing I will mention though is that you have to run the tune for longer than an hour, it needs time to "learn" the tune, really need to just burn a tank. Also the best thing to do before or after you load a tune is to reset the pcm, you can do the fuse trick or pull the battery cable and turn on your headlights for 10-15min or so and reconnect everything. Once you do that the truck has to relearn your driving habbits/style as well as the tune.

If it was me, I would set it back to the 93tune, reset the computer, and burn a full tank on that tune and then go drive it. If that tune doesn't feel quite right after a tank drop the tune down to the 91 tune (switch the tune BEFORE you switch the gas) and see how you like that.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:50 AM
reddakota34
Professional

Okay thanks truckin151 ill try that.

Quick Reply: Need help with diablo sport preditier.