3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HID's small problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Hemi-5.7
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID's small problem

I got my 8000k hid's put on about a month ago, just two days ago i noticed that the right low beam went out. The fog light on the right was fine, it was just the low beam in the headlight. I turned the car off and back on again and then it worked. The same thing happened again last night, still the passengers side headlight. Im going to bring it back to the shop i got them at, but any ideas???

Its really weird.

thanks

Old 11-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Hemi-5.7
Professional

nobody has had something like this happen to them?

Old 11-22-2009, 07:42 PM
05RamMan
Captain

No, But is sounds like it could possibly be a bad connection causing hi resistance somewhere, eventually it heats up enough that there is enough resistance to block the current and turn off your light. We know your bulbs are good since in HIDs they either work or they don't to my understanding.
I would check your connections first. Make sure everything is tight, Check your ground point on the harness and make sure there is no corrosion. If that doesn't yield any results. Swap the balast and caps between sides and see if the problem follows. If it does, Just swap the caps back around and narrow it down to your ballast or caps.

If the problem does not follow it is in your wiring harness somewhere. You will need to break out the dmm and start looking for any bad splices, broken wires or most likely corroded ground.

Last edited by 05RamMan; 11-22-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Quick Reply: HID's small problem