3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finish blacking out my Laramie

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:44 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honestly man i would keep your bumper and have the chrome part painted

Old 11-24-2009, 01:48 AM
ChaseRAM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You think so? There's only two problems. I wonder how well the powder coating would match the rest of the paint considering the Brilliant Black has metal shavings in it, and I'm having a hard time finding a good place that actually does powder coating for stuff like this.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:50 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

i got a coat from top koat powder coating and it was 150 per bumper for me. i honestly dont know if you could do pc since your paint is brilliant black. but yes i like your laramie bumper and i think it looks better than having the slt one powdercoated

Old 11-24-2009, 01:59 AM
ChaseRAM
Professional

I'm keeping the front Laramie bumper for sure, I'll just have the chrome part painted. I want to replace the rear chrome bumper with a primered SLT one and have it painted to match the body. I'm also going to debadge it and put one of the 2009 tailgate badges on there and paint it black. In the next 2 months I'll also get black wheels and the SRT-10 hood which is going to look absolutely amazing.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Looks like you are on the right track with your truck, now just lose those chrome pieces!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:15 AM
JCinDE
Professional

Huh. I'd never have thought to have a mural of a dude squatting and holding a camera painted on the tailgate. Interesting choice.

Nice looking truck. I haven't seen nerf bars with a step for the bed...who makes those?

Old 11-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Jason D
Veteran

Originally Posted by JCinDE
Huh. I'd never have thought to have a mural of a dude squatting and holding a camera painted on the tailgate. Interesting choice.

Nice looking truck. I haven't seen nerf bars with a step for the bed...who makes those?
Not sure who made the ones on his truck but I have some simalar ones from N-Fab and they offered them with the third step for the bed. I opted for the ones without them but now I kinda wish I had them. I only have a level and 3'' body lift and cant reach much of the bed of the truck without climbing up in it. Its gona be a real pain once I get the 6'' suspension on there!!!

Last edited by Jason D; 11-24-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Good job on getting rid of the chrome! Mine had tons of it when i got my truck.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
Good job on getting rid of the chrome! Mine had tons of it when i got my truck.
Same here, such an eye sore.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:23 PM
mxculture

I have the exact same laramie...but an 07. Im also currently in the process of blacking it out. Im currently getting some headlights custom made from a user on this site. All painted to color match my PXR briliiant black chrystal pearl or whatever it is. The entire inside of the headlight will be cBaolor matched to my truck...with the acura TL projectors with the ZKW-R lense retrofited in and red oracle angel eyes. My next step is buying a RBP black grille insert...and then going to the dealership to buy a black grille and get rid of the chrome...so the entire front end will be black exept the peice on the front bumper...which im not sure if it can be replaced without changing the whole bumper. The chrome back bumper is going and im putting in a roll pan with the dual exhaust cut outs (which isnt easy to find AT ALL). Taillights blacked right out with the oracle kit. Still dont know what im going to do with the peices on the side...Im sure you can buy them black from the dealership or online aswell.

Quick Reply: Finish blacking out my Laramie