3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gearing

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009 | 10:28 AM
bobbadger656
|
Default Gearing

Well I have the 37"s procomp EX A/T on 18' KMC black monster wheels sitting on the floor in my garage and im waiting on the 6" Super lift to come but its back ordered until the 1st of the year. So that gives me time to look up gearing options i figured going with 4.56 was a safe option and leaning toward the Tru-trac. I know i need to regear the front and rear but do i need to put in the TT in both or can i get away with just the rear. also any other info or addition parts i would need would be helpful. ill try to get some pictures on here. in a bit.

Old 12-17-2009 | 10:55 AM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker

just need the tt in the back... theres a few guys running auburns on here too... might want to look into those. i thought i read somewhere truetrac recommended tires no bigger than 35"... but i could be wrong

Old 12-17-2009 | 11:06 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

You don't even have a solid front axle, so any type of LSD or locker isn't even an option for you.

Be mindful of the angle that super lift puts your CV half axles at in the front, that was not the best kit for this on the 02-05 torsion front trucks, don't know if they made it better on the '06+ coil over front trucks or not. A higher than stock CV angle coupled with 37s could be a disaster waiting to happen. If this angle is too severe, you may want to go very easy on them...

Old 12-17-2009 | 05:54 PM
bobbadger656
|

thats what i figured. and couldnt get a straight answer i remember reading about the TT somewhere ill have to give them a call and maybe look into an auburn too. Hopefully the angle wont be too bad but i wont find out until i put it on.

Old 12-17-2009 | 09:02 PM
chambers
Record Breaker

I think the issue is that eaton won't warranty the TT on a vehicle w/ tires bigger than that, but that doesn't mean it can't handle them. Also when you regear spend the most time looking for a shop that has a lot of experience regearing b/c if you don't you'll regret it.

Quick Reply: Gearing