3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hey Guys, Looking for help with Brake Pads!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 08:20 PM
DarkSyde
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Guys, Looking for help with Brake Pads!!!

Hey whats up fellas!

I own a pair of SRT-10's and am tired of the front wheels being black everytime I drive it!!!!! These high yield carbon pads suck....

I am looking for some replacement brake pads, and was curious as to what is out there. (I had this problem when I had a Z06, but I ended up putting a set of GM Durastop Ceramic Pads on there, and it cleared it right up!!)

What kind of pads are out there? What do the stock Rams come with? WHat about the Rumble Bees?
Are there are Ceramic Pads out there, that still perform well?

I know these are performance pads on my trucks, but I am tired of how loud and how much brake dust they produce.... You can almost watch my fronts get darker as I drive, its rediculous....

What do you guys reccomend? I am looking for some nice pads that still hold well, but without the mess...... Also, if there are any nice Dodge OE Ceramics, etc., lemme know the part# as well!

Thanks in advance fellas!
TJ

Old 04-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hey Guys, Looking for help with Brake Pads!!!

Go ceramics all the way. They won't dust your wheels, they stop great. They also eat your rotors a little faster. I put a set on my wifes car recently and it is like night and day difference over the carbon metallics. They also last longer too. I figure these days, if you're gonna do a brake job, you might as well replace the rotors too, unless you're running something like brembos or power slots.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:49 PM
glock45
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey Guys, Looking for help with Brake Pads!!!

I purchased a set of Akebono ceramics for my Ram.

I have not installed them yet as I want to pair them up with some nice slotted rotors - still looking for info as to what to buy for that - any suggestions anyone?

I have heard that the ceramics sqeak a bit more but I will take a bit of noise over the awful brake dust that I constantly have to clean off the rims and tires.

Quick Reply: Hey Guys, Looking for help with Brake Pads!!!