3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Philips VisionPlus +50% Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:37 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
If you get a chance, do you think you could get some pics of the lights aimed out into an open area so we can see how much area they light up?
Sure. Maybe tomorrow night.

Sil

Old 01-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Sil.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:38 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great thread Sil. i wish more guys on this forum were more like you -- always positive about everything and always have great stuff to add. Thanks

lights look awesome too!

Old 01-10-2010, 10:45 PM
NoFearEyes
Rookie

Great post-thanks.

How do you aim the headlights on a 2002 Quad Cab after you put these bulbs in? Mine are stock I think and I can't tell much difference between high and low bean setting so I'm thinking it's both lousy OEM bulbs and lousy aim--

Thanks

Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
great thread Sil. i wish more guys on this forum were more like you -- always positive about everything and always have great stuff to add. Thanks

lights look awesome too!
I appreciate your kind words my friend. Thank you.

Sil

Old 01-11-2010, 07:25 AM
LinerJoe
Veteran

So these are the same wattage and generate the same amount of heat as the stockers? Any worries about melting the housings?

joe

Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Melting the housing?? No Way!!

Anyway, Sil, do you know what temp they are? For example, the Silverstars are 4000K, and the Silverstar Ultras are 4100K.

Good find and a good price. The Silverstars are so expensive!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by LinerJoe
So these are the same wattage and generate the same amount of heat as the stockers? Any worries about melting the housings?

joe
Same wattage as stock. http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...ulb_types.html

Sil

Old 01-11-2010, 10:03 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by 08RamMan
Melting the housing?? No Way!!

Anyway, Sil, do you know what temp they are? For example, the Silverstars are 4000K, and the Silverstar Ultras are 4100K.

Good find and a good price. The Silverstars are so expensive!
Good question. Need to look around and find that. I do know they produce more usable light (lumens) than the Silverstars. From what I understand, Kelvin indicates color and lumens is actual light output.

When I was doing research on bulbs, here was a reply I came across from Daniel Stern on another forum:

For reference, here's manufacturer data, from internal engineering databases, for output and lifespan at 13.2v for standard-wattage H1 bulbs. The numbers here are a composite of values applicable to the products of the big three makers (Osram-Sylvania, Philips-Narva, Tungsram-GE). Each manufacturer's product in each category is slightly different but not significantly so. I picked H1-type bulbs for this comparison, and while the absolute numbers differ with different bulb types, the relative comparison patterns hold good for whatever bulb type you consider. Lifespan is given as Tc, the hour figure at which 63.2 percent of the bulbs have failed.

H1 (regular normal): 1550 lumens, 650 hours

Long Life (or "HalogenPlus+") 1460 lumens, 1200 hours

Plus-30 High Efficacy (Osram Super, Sylvania Xtravision, Narva Rangepower, Candlepower Bright Light, Tungsram High Output, Philips Premium): 1700 lumens, 350 hours

Plus-50 Ultra High Efficacy (Philips VisionPlus, Osram Silverstar, Narva Rangepower+50, Tungsram Megalicht, but not Sylvania Silverstar): 1750 lumens, 350 hours

Plus-80/90 Mega High Efficacy (Philips Xtreme Power, Osram Night Breaker): 1780 lumens, 340 hours

Blue coated 'extra white' (Osram CoolBlue, Narva Rangepower Blue, Philips BlueVision or CrystalVision, Tungsram Super Blue or EuroBlue, Sylvania Silverstar or Silverstar Ultra, which is just a rebrand of the Silverstar product, also PIAA, Hoen, Nokya, Polarg, etc): 1380 lumens, 250 hours

Sil

Old 01-11-2010, 11:16 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Just wondering what light color they are.....Thanks. but hey, if the output is better, that is the main thing.

Quick Reply: Philips VisionPlus +50% Bulbs