3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tires for my Ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 03:10 PM
ozzy55
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ran the General Grabber UHPs on my Ram since I have had it, Very happy with the traction, my truck is 2wd and have had no problems on the Ice and snow of 2 Kentucky winters. I plan on buying the same tires when the time comes to replace them

Old 01-11-2010, 05:33 PM
frannyz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think tomorrow I am calling back the tire company and dealing with the original guy I dealt with on Saturday. Asking him his opinion on those Grabbers. Been hearing good things on them and $100 cheaper than those Silent Armour. Still cannot figure out why that guy today did not like them for a 2WD. Yet, when I put in my truck for comparisons on Tire Rack, The only ones that really pop out are the Silent Armours, and a couple of General Grabber Snow tires.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:16 PM
hoss67
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Matt99
you cant beat BF Goodrich all-terrain k/a
He is right, I had an old set on my toyota, and i hardly ever used 4x4 on it. Best damn all around tire i owned. I use mudders now because of conditions i take my truck when i go hunting potholes, hills, mud, u name it, and plus they look sexy

Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 AM
frannyz

Well now after reading all this, and speaking to more tire guys and more researching I am between the General Grabber AT2 and Nitto Terra Grappler. More opinions? The usual tire guy mentions the grabbers are less comfort but not according to what I read.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:38 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the Terra Grapplers on my Grand Cherokee and so far been great. Very quiet, well above average wet pavement traction and surprisingly good in mud, long as it ain't too bad.

I actually was on AIM with a buddy last night about doing some cold weather crappy fishin' in Ga. next week. This is one of the guys I know with a dually CTD who runs the Nitto Dura Grapplers I linked you to above.

He couldn't praise those tires enough. This guy has his own business delivering those huge A/C units you see on building tops for hospitals and such. His brother-in-law own's a company that sells them. Not uncommon for him to goose neck trailer one of those things clear across the country. He lauds the traction of those tires and says he gets 80k+ out of them.

I have no idea about price, but I know Nitto markets them specifically to diesel truck owners. Just another tire to consider maybe???

Old 01-12-2010, 12:01 PM
frannyz

Since I am 2WD, looking more for snow traction.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:38 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, you may be right, this guy has a 4x4.

A couple reviews I just glanced at shows wet traction, noise, dry traction, load handling and wear to be WAY above average, but snow to be right at average.

Was trying to get you into a tire that would last you 80k miles. But you may need to trade a little life for some added traction.

Did find a couple nice reviews on it though:

http://www.dieselworldmag.com/content/view/120/36/

oops the other one is on what could be considered a "rival" forum. Was a good write up though, a guy with a business and multiple trucks. Direct comparison of the Dura vs. Goodyear Silent Armor. Killed the Goodyear in every aspect. Although it was done from a heavy over the road hauling point of view.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:27 PM
frannyz

Ok. back to visiting with the original tire guy (no phone) and he said can't use the Grabbers cause I need 10 ply? So, that leaves me with the Grapplers!

Old 01-12-2010, 05:18 PM
NJFF5860
Professional

Just put them on mine 10 ply, snowflake symbol,can be studded.....Link http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyea...uck#technology

Old 01-23-2010, 03:01 PM
frannyz

Well today I bought the Nitto Terra Grapplers. Will have to let you know how they handle the rain and snow, but since I bought new tires, the weather will probably get better now here in NJ LOL

Quick Reply: tires for my Ram