3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Considering a Flexalite Electric Fan - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
JoeRam2500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Considering a Flexalite Electric Fan - Questions

Hi,
I think my fan clutch is going out and I'm considering installing an electric cooling fan on a 2005 Ram 2500 4x4. I found a flexalite kit (#F21111) on the internet. My questions to anyone with expierience:
#1. Does the kit come with everything needed (shroud, etc)
#2. Has anyone installed this kit and are you happy with it?

Through this forum I have seen that some people are using old Ford fans. I'm not so much interested in that route but can anyone recomend an alternative to the Flexalite, possibly a complete kit for under $200.

I am looking for a bolt on style installation and reliability.

Thanks - Joe

Old 01-12-2010, 02:08 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Use the search function for a plethora of information on e-fans.

I have a Flex-a-Lite and love it. Installation is so easy even Bear could do it. (well with one placed phone call)

Has everything you need unless you want to install the optional manual switch in the dash. Useful if you off road in deep water or mud so you don't suck crud into the radiator fins, but other than that, you don't need it.

Mounts to the stock shroud, nice fit. Although many omit the shroud for a clean look, I wouldn't. The shroud is there for a reason.

You'll like the kit. 3300 cfm all the time, no matter how slow your rpms are...

Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM
BEAR
Record Breaker

Yeah the Flex-a-lite Black magic E-fan is my choice by far. Everything is in the kit that you need (and some stuff you don't) Its very reliable, easy to install and, if you were to have any problems,Flex-a-lite is very good at backing up their product . If you have any trouble installing just give HAMMER a call, here is his cell# 1-800-***-wipe!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:16 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BEAR
If you have any trouble installing just give HAMMER a call, here is his cell# 1-800-***-wipe!

NICE!!! Just wait till the next time I answer my phone and you say "I need to pick your brain", I'm gonna tell you to go pick your a$$!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:41 PM
jbrowder
Rookie

I installed the Flex-a-lite fan a few months ago. It comes with everything that you need, wiring, etc. I mounted the electric fan to the stock shroud and then re-installed it. It looks cleaner with out the shroud, however like hammer said, it is on there to direct air flow. Keep in mind the windshield and coolant reservoirs are mounted to the shroud as well.
I am very happy with it...no problems. One suggestion, wire the relay to the ignition so the fan only turns on when the truck is on.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:55 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone put a flex-a-lite on the mega cabs or 2500's? I know they can cool the 1500's, but I'm not certain about the 2500's.

Quick Reply: Considering a Flexalite Electric Fan - Questions