3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Car Seat - LATCH system

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 02:00 PM
dolphinmetsfan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Seat - LATCH system

I have a 2006 QC and I'm struggling to install a car seat using the LATCH system in this truck. The problem isn't the bottom two anchors but the top one. The top anchor in the truck is at the same height as the top of the seat and the strap on the car seat is too long to make a snug fit. Has anyone else had this problem and if you did, how did you resolve it? I'm thinking I might need to buy another seat or use the seat belt. Any input you have would be appreciated. I just want to be ready for camping season...

Old 01-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Deviate
Professional

In my 05 I just use the bottom 2 latch points and pull it really tight (put my knee in the car seat and put my weight on it). I know it's not as secure as it should be with the full on LATCH system, but it really doesn't move and would take a heck of a jolt to move it. Seems to be more secure that the seat belt would be.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:10 PM
contractors Hemi
Rookie
Default tether strap

Hello I have the same truck with a seat in it. The top tether strap goes the loop directly behind the car seat and then to the middle anchor point to take up the slack. I know it sounds weird but that what the manual says to do and you know that they have engineered the heck out that. Your owners manual has a pictorial of how the install works regardless of where you are positioning the seat. The tether strap is one of the strongest parts of the system so make sure to use it. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Car Seat - LATCH system