3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Body Lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:17 AM
RubberFrog
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
OT but frog you should do from stock to the current pic. There is a difference but not huge. Sorry.

OP- I would think that the kit would save you a lot of hassle and anger over the hockey pucks.
If you can't see 6 more inches of lift plus a 10" tall roof rack... get some glasses bro! lol

Old 01-27-2010, 09:20 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by Beastro
Damn new vehicals! Like I said just had to ask with the jeep all i had to do was drop the radiator everything els was fine. Who has the body lift here. does it make the ride stiffer. and is it a bithc to put in im mechanicly in clined so how long did it take. can't spell LOL
Body lifts have nothing to do with the suspension. They sit between the frame and the body, leaving whatever suspension you have unchanged.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:38 AM
Beastro
Veteran

Nice thanks weed. Rubberfrog I ask this because when My brother put a body lift in his 98 ram it stiffend up the ride a bit. But i will go check out the body lifts. Thanks guys

Old 01-28-2010, 06:50 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Beastro
Nice thanks weed. Rubberfrog I ask this because when My brother put a body lift in his 98 ram it stiffend up the ride a bit. But i will go check out the body lifts. Thanks guys
That's impossible, unless he bound something up while he installed it, and I can't even fathom what could do that. A body lift simply lifts the body off the frame. It can't effect suspension. Only thing it does is raise the center of gravity a bit, so you'll get more body lean.

I had a '98 that I installed a body lift on. More body roll, more wind resistance. The ride may stiffen a bit from larger, heavier tires. That's the only thing I can possible attribute it to.

Name:  olddodgewitholdboat.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  36.6 KB

Last edited by HammerZ71; 01-28-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:49 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

You know Hammer, as much as I would like to agree I have to admit ever since I have put my BL lift on I swear I can feel the road and bumps more. I know I need new shocks but man I swear those blocks magnify the bumps. Maybe its the weight and new height plus gravity. IDK but I do know I can feel it more. Maybe when i get better shocks it will be better for me.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Mega06Cab
Default Complete kit?

i kinda been looking around,, have yet to find a complete body lift kit for my year 06 mega cab..4x4.. any links suggestions,,??

Quick Reply: Body Lift