3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My Ram's back home... (Post Wreck)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 04:24 PM
DEGOINS
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that back door on the drivers side tweaked up just a little? Looks like it in the pic. Talking about right on the top corner where it closes.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

Oh damn, I remember when that happend! Glad you have it back now, lookin' pretty good

Old 01-27-2010, 04:45 PM
paul07
Veteran

looks great man

Old 01-27-2010, 04:46 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lookin sharp bwhite...man that did take a while...ill bet you were sick of takin care of a rental....but if you are gonna get rid of it do you think youll get what its worth? and are you going to buy another dodge? id remove all your mods and put em in the new one if you buy another ram or sell them on here....

Old 01-27-2010, 06:10 PM
tuned93
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by DEGOINS
Is that back door on the drivers side tweaked up just a little? Looks like it in the pic. Talking about right on the top corner where it closes.
thats what i was thinking... it looks like the front corner of the bed, towards the bottom, right behind the cab on the driver side is pushed in a little. is it just me?

Old 01-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by tuned93
thats what i was thinking... it looks like the front corner of the bed, towards the bottom, right behind the cab on the driver side is pushed in a little. is it just me?
No it's not just you too I noticed it to but I hate being the guy who notices chit like that. Also the door gap on the drivers side front gets wider towards the bottom. But it's still a huge improvement over what it did look like! I'm glad your back, I thought you'd left us there for a while.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:23 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

Yall boys got a KEEN eye, dayum. Lol, I see it too, I had to go back, but I see it.....

Old 01-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

I'm good at seeing body lines I guess cuz I knew within seconds of seeing my truck after the stealership realigned my doors that they were off. I was at work and my mom took the truck over there and she didn't notice.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:20 PM
DEGOINS
Rookie

I wrecked my last truck and had a time getting the shop to fix it right so now the first thing I look at are gaps and lines. The truck definately looks good after all of that damage but I think you will have issues later on with air tightness and water leaks. I hope I'm wrong. Sorry about the wreck.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:57 AM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was seeing how long it would take for someone to catch something. Yes the back door is sitting up a little too high. As far as the lines though, I'm thinking it might just be the way I was taking the picture, because looking at it dead on, everything but the back door, looks pretty straight. The guy did accept the fact that the back door was not dead on, but wanted me to drive it for a day or two and give him a list of everything that's wrong with it. I've only found a couple things, a couple electrical hookups that didn't get put back, and the headliner has a small tear in it all the way in the back by the window.

The bad news is I had to have it towed back in last night on my way home from work. Something is messed up in the steering. It started out as a ticking noise when I turned the wheel at low speeds, it then proceeded into becoming a loud knocking sound anytime I turned the wheel more than a 1/4 of a turn. To prevent anymore damage I just had it towed instead of trying to limp her back to the shop. The adjuster is supposedly coming down to look at it today, the shop has already got it on a lift looking into what's wrong with the steering, but unfortunately I have a feeling this is just a first of many things to come.... Can't get rid of her fast enough...

Quick Reply: My Ram's back home... (Post Wreck)