3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The End of IPod Searches for 2006-2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 03:56 PM
BlackHemiSport
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The End of IPod Searches for 2006-2008

I've been searching and searching for months. I wanted an iPod integration kit for my iPhone 3GS that works with the factory RAQ radio. This states that steering wheel controls can be used as well. And even better, it charges! Has aux input option as well for other mp3 players. I am ordering this now, but just thought I would share.

Model: PAC IPAC-CHY (also available at Crutchfield)

Priced for $99 with ebay link below.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-IPAC-CHY-3G-...item20ae94d2ef

iPod and Auxiliary Input Interface for Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep Vehicles
Plug and play iPod and auxiliary audio input interface for late model Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles.
Compatible with all bottom dock iPods including iPhone/Touch.
Charges iPod including iPhone/Touch with 5V charging.
Static free CD quality sound.
Using either the iPod clickwheel or factory radio or steering wheel controls (if equipped, may not work on some radios), customers can track forward and back for songs as well as rewind and fast-forward them.
Can jump from playlist to playlist from radio button.
Extra RCA aux input.
Compatibility Notes:
Compatible with RAQ, REC, and RAK series factory radios- written of the front right bottom side of front of radio.
If the vehicle has a VES (Video Entertainment System), it must be disconnected. The audio from the VES will no longer play through the factory stereo, but the video and wireless headphones will still function normally. VES does NOT operate in R.A.P. mode, the radio will automatically switch from the adapter to tuner mode during R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power).
Compatible with factory installed satellite radio.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 PM
car421
Rookie

Let me know how it works. Been looking for a solution myself.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:00 AM
BlackHemiSport
Amateur

Just wanted to post that I installed this unit last night. It is working GREAT! Better than expected. I can leave my iphone on shuffle and flip through the songs using steering wheel controls. I tested the AUX option as well. Once installed, you hit the MODE button and it will cycled through DVD chap 1 and DVD chap 2. chap1 is my iphone chap2 is AUX for another mp3 player or other audio device. I can confirm that this also charges the iPhone 3gs. This unit acts as the VES or DVD options as you can see. My satelite subscription is over but it the mode for SAT is still there and my 6 disc mp3 cd changer is still working fine. EVERYTHING WORKS!

Old 02-02-2010, 09:32 AM
car421
Rookie

So, with this hooked up you can toggle between sat, cd and ipod? You have all 3 functions? Also some pics of how you mounted the jacks would be great.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:07 AM
BlackHemiSport
Amateur

That is correct, I am able to toggle between Sat, CD, and Ipod (labeled as DVD).

I meant to take pics last night but ofcourse as you get frustrated while installing its the last thing you want to do for some reason. I'll try to take a pic of where I have the wires running. I have the AUX and Ipod wires running into the lower small tray in center of dash. I drilled a hole in the back left corner of this tray to run the wires through.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:51 PM
car421
Rookie

Originally Posted by BlackHemiSport
That is correct, I am able to toggle between Sat, CD, and Ipod (labeled as DVD).

I meant to take pics last night but ofcourse as you get frustrated while installing its the last thing you want to do for some reason. I'll try to take a pic of where I have the wires running. I have the AUX and Ipod wires running into the lower small tray in center of dash. I drilled a hole in the back left corner of this tray to run the wires through.
Thanks for the info!! Look forward to the pics.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
bighornram08
Professional

Do you have the factory Navigation or no?I have the factory Navigation. I've been looking for a way to hook up aux. so I can play songs from iphone also. All the regular radios have aux. port but my factory navigation doesnt. Thats retarted to me.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:14 PM
BlackHemiSport
Amateur

I do not have the nav unit. Your right, no aux option sucks. Had to pay $99 for it but atleast it is charging my phone now as well.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:50 PM
car421
Rookie

I do have the factory Nav, an REC model, and am looking at this. It says it works but I am looking for all feedback on this.

And yes, it is stupid that there is no Aux on a unit like this.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:27 PM
bighornram08
Professional

Originally Posted by car421
I do have the factory Nav, an REC model, and am looking at this. It says it works but I am looking for all feedback on this.

And yes, it is stupid that there is no Aux on a unit like this.
The only thing that I found for us with the factory Nav is the lockpick. It cost $250 but it allows you to do alot more like play videos, rear view cam,etc. heres an example of what it can do...I am thinking about getting it. Seriously.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0BI2RRot84

Quick Reply: The End of IPod Searches for 2006-2008