3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cut or Pull the TM Wire?????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:13 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah even though the 03 has this awesome mod, i'd MUCH rather have an 04+ ECU. basically all we have is the TMR delete. a LOT more stuff you can screw with in 04+

Old 01-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Flying Mullet
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I read in that link, if you floored it with OD on, you can blow it up because of the 2nd prime that it shifts into but if you floor it with OD off, then everything is fine. Hammer had mentioned in that thread that his Superchips tuner took care of the 2nd prime issue, which if I read it correctly occurs while have the OD on. My question is, if I am using a superchips tuner can I leave the OD on during normal driving and know that it is there to use if I want to punch it and not blow it up? That was never answered directly in the other thread, that is why I am asking now. Also, I know that the OD went to Tow/Haul mode, since mine is an 03 it is only OD off or on. Only reason I mentioned it. Thanks for help

Old 01-30-2010, 10:15 PM
irelandshemi
All Star

well i just got in from the garage to do this i had been eyeing it for a while, yellow/green striped wire? i pulled it

Old 01-30-2010, 10:38 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

02's have it too. pwned

Old 01-30-2010, 10:47 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

i dont think its all 02's. i think its just the late model ones with the 03 ecu. besides, either way they 02's dont have the hemi! pwned back!

Old 01-30-2010, 10:55 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always turn the OD off if i am givin 'er more than 3/4 throttle from a stop. remember, the TMR delete is only from 1st to 2nd gear. if you are driving around you can have OD on because torque management only applied to WOT so just driving around is the same as it was without TMR delete ... i think?

Old 01-30-2010, 11:17 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

Originally Posted by cheapbeater
I always turn the OD off if i am givin 'er more than 3/4 throttle from a stop. remember, the TMR delete is only from 1st to 2nd gear. if you are driving around you can have OD on because torque management only applied to WOT so just driving around is the same as it was without TMR delete ... i think?
the TMR delete and turning OD off are two completely separate issues. the 2nd prime issue is with all the 545re trannys. the TMR delete completely removes all torque management (not just at the 1-2 shift, although its really only felt at the 1-2 shift). without the TMR delete, TQ mgmt is applied to every shift regardless of WOT or not, but again its only noticeable at the 1-2 shift at WOT.

2nd prime is a different issue. not really even sure of the point of putting it in there other than something else to break. doing the TMR delete has no effect whatsoever on the 2nd prime issue. questions? im doing my best, but still learning as well

Old 01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you're probably right about the TM delete on all shifts... i was always wondering that myself...
BUT from what i've read, 2nd prime is part of the overdrive and is not made to take the abuse of a WOT shift with no TM. If OD is off it will not go into 2nd prime. 2nd prime is supposed to help in passing because it is between 2nd and 3rd... have you ever noticed when you stomp it down on the highway it will downshift into 4th and if you really hold it down it will scream like a raped ape then shift right away? i think that is the tranny going into 2nd prime. NOW, if you turn OD off it will not shift down that extra bit.
So... I guess having OD off makes no difference when giving her hell from a stop, but OD SHOULD be off when stomping on it to pass because then it will go into 2nd prime. BUT does the tranny still shift through 2nd prime on its way up through the gears??? (1st, 2nd, 2nd prime, 3rd, 4th, 5th) I dont think it does but my tranny is so sloppy i cant really tell when it is shifting. But if it does then OD should be off on the way up...

Make any sense?

Old 01-31-2010, 12:09 AM
Desert_Ram
Veteran

okay so i have the 03 with the 5.9what tranny do i have i cant figure this out and will this tmr delete work with my truck sorry cant figure this out!

Old 01-31-2010, 12:23 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion

CB - im pretty sure it doesnt hit 2P on the way up normally. its not another gear, more like another option for 2nd gear.

azskater. read that thead. im pretty sure the 5.9s had the 46re (or something like that) tranny. you're not the only one with that question though. read the thread for your answer.

Quick Reply: Cut or Pull the TM Wire?????????