3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Smoke Under Hood

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010 | 04:25 AM
RamIt33
|
Professional
Default Smoke Under Hood

Yesterday i was going to work at 630am and it was about 15*. I was on the high way with 4wd Lock on. Going about 50 mph. Roads were snowy and icy. On the road for about 30 min, i started smelling like something was burning or grinding. Thought it was this old truck on front of me. It wasent. The smell gor worse then started smoking under the hood. I pulled over took the truck out of 4WD and looked undder the hood. On the driver side of the engine looked like it was spashed with some kind of fluid. It smelled like something was burnt. Once i got back on the road no more smoke. The smell was still there. This morning when i got into my truck again the inside sticks like burt a$$ tires with burnt A$$ brakes.

Had a mechanic take a look he said that my stearing fluind overflowed. He said could have been from it being frozen. He said everything looked fine.

What do you guys think? Any and all opinions needed.

How to get rid of smell in cab??

Old 01-31-2010 | 04:36 AM
matthewbeard
Veteran

yeah if fluid splashed onto the block and burned it will smell pretty bad. try steam cleaning any fabric don't forget headliner. it will come out eventually, i'll talk to my buddy on how he gets smokers smell out of cars. He can take a car that wreaks like smoke and the next day you get in it and you would swear that nobody ever smoked in it before

sorry for the ****ty spelling its 2:30am

Old 01-31-2010 | 09:37 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

The best thing I can tell you do is clean the engine and bay area with some good degreaser and watch for new leaks.

Quick Reply: Smoke Under Hood