3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

diffrences between the 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 10:46 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default diffrences between the 2

im looking to run 2 cats and 2 mufflers using a H-pipe off my 5.9 Pacesetter longtubes i will be running 2 magnaflow spun cats, and was debating on mufflers is there a diffrence between glasspacks and aeroturbine mufflers other than the aeroturbine are a 120 dollor bigger price tag.... ordo you guys reccomend a diffrent route, i want my truck to still be loud and deep, i will be taking my cutout off (sadly) to pass PA emmisions

Old 02-01-2010, 04:13 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bump...

Old 02-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as I know the glasspacks are basically straight through with fiberglass packed around where the exhaust flows, and the Aeroturbine has a baffle type system. I may be wrong but that's how I understand it. If I'm totally off just consider this a bump.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Glasspacks will cause more turbulence in the chamber due to the perforated edges that are cut into them. Plus, they will only last a few years and the packing generally blows out of them. Gradually, but that';s what happens.
I would go with flowmaster 1 or 2chambers as they should be roughyl the cost of 1 Aeroturbine or something like the warlock where you can dump it AFTER the muffler which would pass your PA inspections.
Also, Hooker Aerochambers are suppose to be really good flowing. i think hammer has a list made up in the FAQ section??? If not a little internet search should come up with a bunch of flow listings.
If bullet is your style, then the shorter the better. The longer you go, the less ouput and the deeper the tone Generally speaking. And the smaller you go, the more rugged the output while still having quality sound.
PA passes LT's?

Quick Reply: diffrences between the 2