3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
mopower05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question

I have a 2005 dodge with a 4.7. I am wanting to have true duals installed but every exhaust shop in town is telling me it can not be done. I have explaned to them that i have to stock cats with o2s but they keep telling me that it will cause the truck to run like S&%T and it will set off the check engine light. Someone please help.

Also i am thinking of buying a programmer to gain some HP and help with MPG, any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!!

Old 02-02-2010, 11:35 PM
hoidsracing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends on your definition of "true" duals is. for true duals you would come off of each manifold, go to an x or h pipe, to two different mufflers then exit how you want. or you could run without the x or h or mufflers for that reason lol. most likely you would have to re-run the entire exhaust system, sounds like they just don't wanna tackle the job.

you could just run a single in dual out muffler with dual exit pipes. would be cheaper and you wouldn't come anywhere close to messing with the cats or O2's.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:17 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with hoid I'm putting in flowmaster 50 I don't need the burly look n listen sound that bad . I do want to eliminate useless excess resonators/mufflers I also feel I won.t sacrifice engine porformance with just the upgrade I realise I'm decreasing back pressure but not too the degree of loss of performance.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question