3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

noise is pissing me off!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 01:55 PM
jimmyg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noise is pissing me off!

I have nice little quiet crackle like it's coming from my speakers but it's not. I tried checking all of the dash but it's still there. My mind is starting to go crazy with this sound. Anyone else have the same little crackle like a blown speaker?

Old 04-23-2005, 02:02 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: noise is pissing me off!

If I press in my front door panels at the top pretty hard and let go there is a crackle almost like plastic wrap of something like that. Perhaps you are leaning on your driver's door panel? I also think there was a TSB in 2004 for the Infinity radio about speakers not being parallel, but I think the problem there was poor bass not a crackle. Is your antenna tight so that you aren't getting static? If anything it's a good excuse to get some new speakers.

Old 04-23-2005, 02:03 PM
jimmyg

You know I didn't even think about my attenna? I did have my truck washed last weekend. You know it's the simple stuff that gets you! AARRRGGH! THanks for the inputs though!

Old 04-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

Did you buy a new radio lately and use the stock speaker's .Something in the Two hundred watt area or above. ? If the answer is yes, buy 200 watt or above speakers.

Old 04-27-2005, 12:12 AM
jimmyg

I checked the antenna, nothing. I haven't gotten a new radio. Everything I have is stock. The noise is still there. The thing is, it only comes around when I am moving. It's really aggravating me.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:24 AM
mill500
Veteran

I like to fix most things myself when I can, but it sounds like since it's new and everything's stock you may be better off just taking it in and letting the dealer figure it out. Never helps the mental health, though, when they give it back to you and tell you nothing is wrong....

Old 04-28-2005, 09:16 PM
jimmyg

i WAS ACTUALLY ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT! I checked everything, excpet one thing I didn't think would have any bearing on it at all. The 4WD shifter. The plastic is just a little bit loose. So now I have finally gotten what little sanity I have had!

Quick Reply: noise is pissing me off!