3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HID hi/low kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:30 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Here are the load resistors with leads and taps for $8 a pair shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2pcs-...ht_1450wt_1165

on your headlights there are three wires. there is a high beam, a low beam and a common. Take on resistor and connect it to the high beam wire and the other end to the common

take the other resistor and connect it to the low beam wire and the common.

Do this on both sides and this will take 4 resistors total

Old 02-09-2010, 09:47 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, hellova rundown there Ben. Seems like you have a WHOLE lot more patience with this than i do/would.

When my lights 'flicker', its like Im hitting the highs real fast, like Im letting someone know a cop is back there waiting, lol. All this trouble, and they're nice and bright, but jeez, like you said, I might just part ways and get some silverstars. It really bothers me that much.

I might try Weeds idea ^ there. $8 is a lot more feasible for me than $40 right now. I just get nervous splicing into ****. The relay or something maybe, but my stocker wires..... idk....

Thanks to both of ya'll, Ben and Weed, I know Weed has to be absolutely burned out with this mess, and if you aren't ready to falcon-punch someone in the throat Ben, you're a better (more patient) man than me.

Edit: for what its worth, I never got the lamp-out light either.....

Last edited by 4.7Ram5.7Rango; 02-09-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

No need to cut and splice. Just use the taps. If it works, then you can leave it as is or make a more permanent connection.

Quick Reply: HID hi/low kit