3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ordered a 2 inch leveling kit and got 3 inch spacers is this right ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 09:36 PM
rentprop1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ordered a 2 inch leveling kit and got 3 inch spacers is this right ??

I ordered this kit from Fat Bob's :

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/dodge...008-p1740.aspx

I figured 2 inch lift would mean 2 inch spacers not 3 inches ?? I haven't called Fat Bobs as I got home too late tonight and was disappointed with the 3 inch spacers in the box.

has anyone else ordered this leveling kit and what did you get ?? so much for starting on this thing tonight or first thing in the am, gonna have to cal them and make sure they sent me the right part ??

I think the 3 inch are gonna be too high and then I 'm gonna have to add to the rear, I really thought the 2 inch might have been too much ????
Name:  extrapics006-2.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  76.3 KB
Name:  extrapics004-2.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  52.8 KB

Old 02-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Red Ram 07
Rookie

I tried to put these things in and there is no way they will fit, went to 4 wheel parts and they said they are to big for a 2in level, so called them up today and getting the right spacer. yes that thing is way to large

Old 02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

Yea, those are exactly what I got and thats the same kit I bought. Imo the whole thing is a damn waste of money. It rides rougher than a grain truck with a load of fat chicks in the back, and it's a full inch higher in front than it is out back. I suggest shippin it back and getting your money back if possible and if you still wanna go the level route get the rough country extended coils.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:46 PM
meen green machine
Professional

Ya id say those are way too big ive always been told for every inch the spacer is to double it and thats how much you will get. I was told a 1 inch spacer is good for 2 inches whether its true or not idk i ordered 1 inch spacers for mine and i guess well find out when they get here

Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Dude - look at the spacer......the spring sits up inside of it. That is why it is a 2" kit. The spring fits in about an inch or so. And Shiloh - I think you did something wrong. Or maybe it is just your year of truck or something....Mine never had any ride quality issues. In fact, it still rides just fine.

Did you put the right shock on the left and the left on the right by accident?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Desert_Ram
Veteran

Shiloh 24 yours were 3" to?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Desert_Ram
Veteran

in the pic at fat bobs it looks like the bracket comes already in the bushing on the shock do they not come like that?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 08RamMan
Dude - look at the spacer......the spring sits up inside of it. That is why it is a 2" kit. The spring fits in about an inch or so. And Shiloh - I think you did something wrong. Or maybe it is just your year of truck or something....Mine never had any ride quality issues. In fact, it still rides just fine.

Did you put the right shock on the left and the left on the right by accident?
Your telling me the spacers and shocks were specific for each side? I'm just tryin to look out for the guy mine is effed and I am screwed out of 160 bucks right now and I'm effing pissed off at that damn company. I won't buy another thing from there ever, I'm gonna order the extended coils from the rough country site and if that don't work still I'm gonna put it back stock and burn the chit in the fire. If you couldn't tell I'm not exactly a happy camper right now cuz my truck drives, handles, and rides rediculously bad (I have driven go carts, grain trucks, semi's, and tractors and they handle better than my truck right now). My alignment is so terrible that when one tire hits ice on the roads the other one straightens and when I pass over the ice the truck kicks to one side and basically slingshots ya into the other lane!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:05 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your alignment is terrible because you had the front end all apart shiloh. You gotta get an alignment man.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
Your alignment is terrible because you had the front end all apart shiloh. You gotta get an alignment man.
I know that's why its so terrible but every other thread I have read about leveling kits has said that the alignment was needed but wasn't to the point it handled like a horse without reigns. Idk, I'm just still steaming from all this chit and I have a headache that could kill a cow right now.

Quick Reply: ordered a 2 inch leveling kit and got 3 inch spacers is this right ??