3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

EGR replacement question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Dieselmonkey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR replacement question

Hi all, I'm about to replace my egr valve on my 06 Hemi and not sure if after installing a new one does the ecu need to be re-flashed?? any suggestions about this. The truck is still under warranty but that means replacing it back to stock, I avoid dealers if I can. Thanks in advance

Old 02-10-2010, 08:25 AM
bwheelersc
Professional

Just take the neg battery cable off when you replace it. That will reset your computer and everything should be fine.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:05 AM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

When in doubt, reset your PCM. It can only help even if it's not required. I don't but I think a lot of people do it now and then just as a "housekeeping" type of routine. Sort of like rebooting your computer at home now and then to clean out all the crud that has collected over time. You can just remove the battery cable or you can remove the PCM fuse from the fuse box, turn the ign. to ON and wait a few seconds for all the dings to quit, then turn it off and put the fuse back in.

Quick Reply: EGR replacement question