3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Why couldnt I go here!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:13 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no opposite side of the state. And yes I get to fl couple times a year. my youngest daughter is about to move back to Casselberry to go to Valencia

Old 02-10-2010, 08:17 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool. Hey, next time you're down let me know, we can meet up sometime. I'm actually in Apopka.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:23 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok probably in June

Old 02-10-2010, 08:24 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Sounds good my friend. BTW sorry OP, got a little off track. Yeah, that's B.S. hahahahha

Old 02-10-2010, 08:45 PM
eroth3

I will agree that it would seem stupid that dodge would not want "free advertising. However, take into consideration why copyright laws were invented, to keep people from misusing the intellectual property of other companies. By having their name copyrighted dodge has to make sure that it is not misused in any way, shape, or form whether it benefits them or not. Does this headline sound better: "Ford accuses Dodge of taking advantage of "free advertising" and reports dodge to US copyright office". I am a part of a Motorcycle club at Iowa State University and there are certain logos we are not allowed to use because if we were to use them illegally the copyright of those logos could be taken away and we are an affiliated organization!

Old 02-10-2010, 08:45 PM
wyseguy77
Captain

Shame on Dodge. These days schools are hard straped on money as it is. They should be ashamed to make a school spend that much money to change their logo, rather than on education. This is ridiculous. Today I am not proud to be a Dodge owner. BS!

On the other note the guy who approved the design for the school needs to be fired for being an idiot!

Old 02-10-2010, 08:50 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cwboyjohnny24
Yeah, that's about 10 minutes from me and I've seen it on the news for the last week or so. It's b.s. So what if they have a picture of Dodge's ram head as a "mascot"? Who does that really hurt? Now the school has to redesign all their school shirts they were gonna sell, etc. I mean honestly guys we're talking about dodge that has so many financial problems taking a school to court about a f****** picture. Don't you have other stuff to work on????
If they let this school go with using the emblem, then what about the other schools that might want to change it. Then someone just wants to use it on a product he is making, then it escalates and there are all sorts of people using the Dodge logo, and all rights to it have basically been lost. The school should've just been smart enough to not use that as their logo. That is quite obviously copywritten.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:04 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ried69
If they let this school go with using the emblem, then what about the other schools that might want to change it. Then someone just wants to use it on a product he is making, then it escalates and there are all sorts of people using the Dodge logo, and all rights to it have basically been lost. The school should've just been smart enough to not use that as their logo. That is quite obviously copywritten.
But I would understand if it was a company. If other schools change it, they've changed it. It's not the same. I understand that they should have researched it, but it's not like it hurt anyone. I'm sure there are plenty of companies already running on the internet the use an altered version of the ram logo. I don't think that a high school that chose to run a version of the ram should be held captive by Dodge. I would understand if they were making car parts and using a different version of the logo.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Curiusgeorge
Rookie

Unfortunately, copyright laws don't distinguish between schools, nonprofit groups or for profit businesses. If Dodge doesn't protect their logos, they run the risk of losing any protection they have, regardless of who uses it. It sucks for the school, but honestly, didn't anyone think to check BEFORE switching to the new logo? It's not like this hasn't happened in the past. NBA, NFL, MLB, hell even NCAA schools all routinely send notices to schools, etc. regarding use of their logos. Now, if you want to see an example of a company that takes it to the extreme, do a search on Monster Cables on google. They sue anyone with Monster in the name, including a miniature golf course!