3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

newbie dual exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:47 PM
kllrbee
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie dual exhaust questions

Hey guys,
ok, so please dont crucify me for my total lack of exhaust knowledge. I would try searching for an answer but I wouldnt even know what to type into the search function.

I wanted to make my Ram sound meaner and louder. I was going to do a magnaflow dual exhaust cat back, but money got in the way. So I decided on a Raceland cutout. (very nice btw). I figured thats all I would do considering Im not really looking for any HP gains, but just wanted a tougher sound.
Well after the cutout install, I got to "looking" at the exhaust and I cant stand the look of the stock pipe sticking out behind the rear wheel. Looks crappy to me.
So what have you guys done to make it look better? I was thinking about 3 obvious options, but there is probly more, I just dont know what they are.

1) Throw on a big tip
2) cut it off and dump it after the muffler
3) do a dual exhaust from the muffler back.

I see some dual exhaust setups sold on Ebay for like $200 that has muffler, bent pipes, tips, etc. Are these any good? I dont even need a new muffler.
I just like the look of dual exhaust.

All opinions are welcome.
Thanks

Old 02-10-2010, 09:54 PM
kllrbee
Rookie

bump...

Old 02-10-2010, 11:04 PM
meen green machine
Professional

personally i would just dump it. i think it sounds good and i like the no show. you could always bring ouut in front of the wheel woth out my much work and throw a tip on

Old 02-10-2010, 11:26 PM
codiac
Professional

My Laramie has the 4" rolled chrome tip and I think it looks great. I've got a QTP cutout and flowmaster 50 with the stock tailpipe....nice clean look w/ sound when I need it. I'll agree w/ you on the stock tip looking bad, but the 4" chrome tip w/ the rolled edges looks great. I like the look I get when I roll by the the cutout open, and all people see is the the single tail pipe hanging out the back.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:57 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the look of duals. a single pipe with a 4" tip is just ricey...
you could probably get your muffler shop to fab up a dual exhaust for less than the egay kits.
another cheap yet cool exhaust is a dual exit in front of the rear wheel... a shop could probably fab that up cheap. keep in mind, tips are expensive (if you get good ones)

Old 02-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Animal Mother
Captain

Mine is dumped but it came like that when I bought it. Dumping it seems to be the cheaper option to make it louder

Old 02-11-2010, 08:26 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Alot of guys like the clean look of no tips or side exits. Dumping would make it more loud but being you already have a cutout, do you need it more loud? And even then it is only going to be more loud when you close the cutout.

Quick Reply: newbie dual exhaust questions