3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Good Exhaust Shop in KC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:25 AM
nateroach
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Exhaust Shop in KC?

Alright guys, I'm looking to get a Magnaflow Y pipe installed in my 07. I see that you can get the y pipe pretty cheap on autoanything, I just need a shop to install it because i don't have any welding equipment.

I have called around to several local shops and I seem to be speaking greek to about half of them. They keep asking questions like "so you want a new catalytic converter? do you have any broken exhaust manifold bolts?, we going to need to remove exhaust manifolds?"

half of them have no clue what I am talking about, and the ones that do quoted me ~$80-100 to install the new y pipe. There are plenty of guys on here saying they got complete systems fabbed for close to that!

Does anyone have a good, reasonably priced exhaust/muffler shop in south KC (Overland Park, Olathe, south KCMO)?

thanks,
nateroach

Old 02-12-2010, 11:58 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats about what I have been quoted too. Thats why I didn't do it. Its too simple to pay that much.

In the last year every exhaust shop in the area has raised their prices, idk why. I paid 30 bucks to have a muffler welded in last year. And my friends same truck and everything they charged him 90 this year. Its crazy.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:27 PM
khuenefeldt
Default muffler shop

Rose's Muffler shop in Grandview. If you are driving south on 71...it's on the right hand side road, just past the truman shopping area. Ask for Gregg.... He's the main guy there.

I have had them do two exhausts systems, and both times i have brought parts in. I had them install a moroso spiralflow on my 06 hemi, and dual SS pipes out the back...i think he he charged me around $200 or so. Regardless, they are good, quick, and helpful

Rose's Muffler Shop & Auto Rpr

+ Add PhotosView all

Read reviews
Write a review

(816) 761-6033
12630 S Us Highway 71
Grandview, MO 64030 38.8954 -94.5252

Last edited by khuenefeldt; 02-12-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:26 PM
nateroach
Veteran

Thanks for the responses, i will try giving Rose's a call and see what they quote me.

nateroach

Quick Reply: Good Exhaust Shop in KC?