3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is the sky the limit or is it 6"?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:13 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like i always say, "if you're gonna do it, why not over do it?"

Old 02-19-2010, 07:23 AM
RubberFrog
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whiplash is a garbage company. If you just want to look cool rolling down the road, go for it. Just understand that the first time you wheel, you WILL break something with that kit.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:02 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd love to go bigger, but at 4" of lift and 35's I already find that using my truck around the farm when I'm up there hunting/fishing/ATV'ng or just doing maintenance around the place is already at my upper limits of pulling the ATV in the bed, and putting heavy loads like cut wood from a cleared tree in it.
IMO even 6" is just too much for a truck that you need to use as a truck. No question that 6" and 8" or more of lift looks killer though...

Old 02-19-2010, 08:17 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I'd love to go bigger, but at 4" of lift and 35's I already find that using my truck around the farm when I'm up there hunting/fishing/ATV'ng or just doing maintenance around the place is already at my upper limits of pulling the ATV in the bed, and putting heavy loads like cut wood from a cleared tree in it.
IMO even 6" is just too much for a truck that you need to use as a truck. No question that 6" and 8" or more of lift looks killer though...

sounds like a personal problem...

but seriously, i guess i misunderstood your post. there is no way hauling an atv over some rough terrain is even difficult for your truck with 4". My 6" doesnt sweat at all pulling stupid heavy loads or doing stuff off the beaten path. What exactly is strained for you - the suspension or power? either way, sounds like the only fix is more mods!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 08:50 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

I think hammer is talking about the height of the truck making it difficult to load the bed. Not the capabilities of the truck itself.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:59 AM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OH the truck!!!! I thought he was talking about the Hooters girls again!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 06:25 PM
jroy
Professional

I'm not worried about loading the truck, the only reason I would lift the truck is to take it wheeling. Because the truck is so long I'd like more clearance and the only clearance gain you get with a body lift is the inch or so you get from bigger tires. Has anyone ever heard of full throttle suspension lifts and their quality?

Quick Reply: Is the sky the limit or is it 6"?