3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HEADER Question..Shorty, that is.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:33 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, the JBA's have a patented firecone collector design, but for the price compared to others, I'd say that the BBK's are prob the best bang for the buck, but just remember that the BBk's are mild steel. i would stay away from the Chrome coated one's.
Moe's has some headers that are Jethot coated which are ceramic coated on the inside AND out compared to just the outside that BBK only does. i had a pair of BBK's on my mustang that were ceramic coated and rust started to seap through the cracks within the first year. Jethot process will seal it up much better than BBK's coated ones'.
When your comparing prices take that into account as well as the type of material being used. T304 is the better stainless. T409 has more mild steel and will have surface rust. Mild steel will need to be coated inside/out for best longevity. The best headers are Stainless that are coated inside/out as stainless is a much better insulator than mild steel, but mild steel is much harder if you will, less brittle and less prone to cracks.
Keep an eye out for primary tube thickness and flange thickness. I believe BBK's are 16ga primaries and 3/8" flange?

Quick Reply: HEADER Question..Shorty, that is.