3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Underdrive pulley/Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 PM
ccgRAMrod
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Underdrive pulley/Mods

Seen that MotoBlue underdrive pully and was wondering if it is worth getting? I have a '03 2500 with the Hemi and am wondering what is all out there for it in terms of mods?

I have on it:
Superchip 3815 programer
Flowmaster 70 series
K&N intake system
185 Termostat

Is there anything else out there or am I stiffed?

Thanks

Old 02-19-2010, 08:23 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this has been covered a few times and heres what we decided: for the minimal gains you get with an underdrive pulley they arent worth the cost or the extra strain they put on your electronics (your alterantor, AC compressor, waterpump... will be tunring slower) so thats a no on the underdrive pulley

theres still a lot you can do to the truck: toss the rustmaster and get something that flows better than stock, get a freer flowing y-pipe, long tube headers, E-fan, cam, torque converter... the list never ends. I see you have an '03.. have you done the TMR delete mod yet?

where in wisconsin are you located?

Old 02-20-2010, 10:00 AM
ccgRAMrod
Professional

I live in Port Washington WI, just north of Milwaukee 30miles. The TMR mod is that the pulling of the wire for the kick down when at full trottle? If so I have, full length headers for a 2500 I can not find. What kinda Y-pipe you talking about? Same with torque converter? I'm thinking of putting on a e-fan this summer and the flowmaster was to keep it some what quiet. As far as the cam that's something down the road. Any other mods list them please give's me ideas to work on. Thanks!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:51 AM
ram man17
Captain

Long tubes are very hard to find on 2500s. I think there was a thread that said you have to get them custom made from the manufactorer.

Quick Reply: Underdrive pulley/Mods