3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air shocks installed....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 01:27 AM
guido7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air shocks installed....

I just went and bought new Monroe Air Shocks for my toy.... put them on and found them to be the answer for my hemi...... Install was relatively easy, and the only complaint I have is that the "T" connector for the air tubes is made of plastic and really dosnt work well...so tomorrow I plan on designing one from brass or aluminum... My truch has compressed springs in the rear for that low profile look and I wanted more control and went with the "air shock"... put in 50 lbs and found the ride was much better, and she dosnt squat when I hammer it.......
Just wondering if anyone else has tried these, or similar shocks on their trucks.... let me know...
Also if anyone has questions, let me know...will do my best to answer them ........

"***** to the wall, she's a HEMI"

Old 04-29-2005, 02:13 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Air shocks installed....

Do the softer shocks lower ride height? I'm really daft when it comes to suspensions. I'd like to keep my truckat the same ride height but what benefits may be seen from softer shocks?

Old 04-29-2005, 07:08 PM
guido7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air shocks installed....

First off the shocks arent softer, actually you can adjust them to any ride you want..... also since my rear leaf springs were compressed the new air's work better than the old stock ones....and I currently have 50 lbs air in them and it ride much better than before....plus my carry weight is easier to handle.... look at the pics of my truck and you will see she sits low in the rear anyway... its now raised 3 inches, with the 50lbs... can raise it higher if I want....
I have used air's before and like them, and now they are non my hemi, LOL...........let me know if you need more info...little tricks on install to make it easier......

see the pic and imagine it up 3" in the rear....

[IMG]local://upfiles/13612/555B4A97D1434F17B203EC32307C8D5F.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Air shocks installed....