3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How To Keep Your Fogs On While High Beams Are On

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:40 PM
miller_high_life20
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update a few years later on how this is working, and some new pics of how to do it? Thanks

Old 03-10-2010, 05:40 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

When I installed the OEM fogs, the dealer programmed the PCM and the fogs worked with the high beams as well.

Or you can install some extra lights! Like this.....

Old 03-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Bent
Veteran

To dredge up this old thread - using a jumper from the ground of the park light relay to the ground of the fog light relay looks really easy (schematically... I suppose it can all be done inside the fuse box.)

I'd like to do this, but bring the wires out to a dash mounted override switch so they could be turned off for the times when I don't want fog lights on.

Earlier in this thread, there is mention of a device that can tap into the ground terminal (point "86" on the relay), but I can't envision how I would do that. I know there are circuit taps available for fuses, but in this case, the relay still needs to be plugged in after the circuit tap is inserted. How can you do that if there is a circuit tap in the way?

Does anyone have any recent pictures that haven't been deleted from their photo server account that either show me what this tap looks like, or how they installed it and kept the relays plugged in?

Dying to know

Ben

Quick Reply: How To Keep Your Fogs On While High Beams Are On