3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pacesetter Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:25 PM
EdII
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter Question

Well I've been reading lots of post in these sections but none seem to answer my question just right. I've got an 06 Ram QC with the 5.7, superchips, AFE intake, ect. I'm going to get the pacesetter longtubes and would like to relocate the stock cats. My question is, can I get the "off road" y-pipe from pacesetter and still mount the stock cats? I thought I've read in a post of the stock units being "opened up," does this mean a shop can make the ends of the cats match up to the 3 inch tubing? Would someone be better off just having a shop fabricate the tubing for the converters or buying the y-pipe and having them modify that slightly? Any thoughts on which size tubing would be most beneficial for low end torque, 2.5" or 3"? Also one other area that someone can chime in on, I was thinking about keeping the stock muffler and putting on a turn down, I love a quite muffle that only rumbles when you step on it. Anyone been happy with this setup, or any other quite mufflers? Sorry for another exaust question, I just don't feel like I have a good understanding of the situation. Thanks for the help!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:43 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would shop around until I found someone that is experienced in the mods you are making and then get his feedback on how to actually do it. What you are suggesting is all doable just needs a shop who is willing to do a little extra with making a custom install. The down side of running a stock muffler is wieght and of course most folks want it louder. Good luck

Old 02-27-2010, 10:48 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

mine are opened up to 3" in/out. and I used the 3" off reoad Y pipe too so ask away with any question

Old 02-27-2010, 11:37 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is no point in buying the pacesetter y-pipe if you're just gonna hack it up. if you're gonna put the cats in, just buy a magnaflow y-pipe and have the shop fab it up. it'll be MUCH cheaper

Old 02-28-2010, 12:02 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
there is no point in buying the pacesetter y-pipe if you're just gonna hack it up. if you're gonna put the cats in, just buy a magnaflow y-pipe and have the shop fab it up. it'll be MUCH cheaper
Uh no its not...

Old 02-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Animal Mother
Captain

if you can get it installed for a 100 bucks or less wouldnt it?

Quick Reply: Pacesetter Question