3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

amsoil

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM
badfish88
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amsoil

just my 2 cents. Figured id let every one know what i think. From new to 70000 miles ive run castrol gtx 5w30, never had an oil related problem, other than a few leaking mopar oil filters. Since it was new ive had the dredded "hemi tick". Any way 2 days ago after only 700 miles on new castrol my amsoil order cam in 7 quarts of Semi synthetic and an amsoil filter. i was told by a friend for the first 2 or 3 oil changes to use the semi then switch to the full, i guess to slowly recondition internal seals. So out with the old and in with the new. Fired her up, smoother, quieter, and as for the hemi tick???............What hemi tick i can barely notice it. she also runs a little cooler when fully warm. SO plus one in my book for amsoil......................Oh and yesterday i had 4 brandy new cooper ltz's mounted and ballanced. And compared to the factory suckyears, these are like riding on tank treads , and have about the same traction as em. I love these tires.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:38 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I had similar results when I switched from Mobil 1 to Royal Purple. The Hemi-tick became barely noticeable.

Just a word to the wise for MDS guys, Amsoil has been shown to increase viscosity over time. I'm sure it's why it lasts so long, but the tolerances of an MDS Hemi are such that I'd not recommend it, or if you do use it, don't go much over 6000 miles between changes...

Quick Reply: amsoil