3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Broken front axle - HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010 | 03:45 PM
glenn.d.smith
|
Professional

Just a quick update. I spoke to the mechanic and he says it looks like a faulty assembly. He said there doesn't seem to be any binding - you can turn the half shaft with your hand. So he is installing a new cv assembly. I won't be picking her up til tomorrow morning so I guess I'll have to cross my fingers (and not do any highway driving) until I feel comfortable driving it. I have to take a ferry to a little island tomorrow and the last thing I want is to get stuck over there on a Friday!

Stay tuned.

Old 03-04-2010 | 03:56 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by glenn.d.smith
I have to take a ferry to a little island tomorrow and the last thing I want is to get stuck over there on a Friday!

Stay tuned.
That's a little too much information there, buddy! Your personal life and kinky habits is none of our business.

Disclaimer for Political Correctness* -- Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Old 03-04-2010 | 04:59 PM
littlekyle
Banned

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
That's a little too much information there, buddy! Your personal life and kinky habits is none of our business.

Disclaimer for Political Correctness* -- Not that there is anything wrong with that...
hey hammer how is your mom doing?

Old 03-04-2010 | 05:42 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User

Just rent a car and don't tell them your gonna take a ferry and hope you don't have any problems with the rental...lol

I did that when i went to the Virgin islands. they wouldn't allow rentals to run the ferry into St. John, so I just told them i was staying in St. Maarten. Fortunately nothing happened and it didn't get stolen...lol

Old 03-05-2010 | 09:58 AM
glenn.d.smith
|
Professional

LOL! That's a good one Hammer! Unfortunately DD, this isn't the "Virgin" Islands - there are definitely no virgins on it LOL. My trip got cancelled though so thats a relief.

Getting down to business: I picked up the truck this morning and the mech just handed me the keys so no cost to me. I hope this does the trick I'm getting pretty pi$$ed with not having a vehicle. I also have to install a used ac compressor this weekend since the bearings are gone in the old one - yeah screw the environment I'm doing it myself

Thanks everybody!

Quick Reply: Broken front axle - HELP!!