3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HID conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 09:12 AM
The Cank
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID conversion

So I got a set of 6000k I can't get them to work with the relay, however it works just fine without the relay. It says that most vehicles work fine without the relay and that it is a matter of preference. So what is the purpose of the relay except to divert power ? will it hurt anything by me not having it hooked up ? Personally the relay is just more wire hanging around and if I didn't have to use it thats even better. I just don't want to fry my computer or electrical system. So anyone that has HIDs please chime in and let me know what you think.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:28 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

You need to use the search function. Lots of info why the relay is needed.

Chrysler has canbus so you will get flickering.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:30 PM
The Cank
Professional

The only thing I can find is that it flickers which mine does not so far.. so no other harm done ? if it does not flicker I am going to leave how is... any other thing bad that will come from not using relay ?

Old 03-09-2010, 02:49 AM
The Cank
Professional

hhhmmm ones is blue and one is white.. thinking the guy sent me two different bulbs.. I'll be on the phone in the morning

Quick Reply: HID conversion