3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 Ram 545RFE transmission trouble

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 02:54 PM
DD1976
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The valve body is above the filter. There are I think 6 bolts holding it up there. Remove those, comes right out. It's alot easier than older transmission. There are no check ***** to watch out for.
This is probably the only time that this has happened. That's why I asked here. I figured this had to have happened to someone before. Guess not. Either way, it's on the forum and I hope it helps someone in the future.
Just imagine what the dealer would have charged me for this!

Old 03-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Superchargedram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DD1976
The valve body is above the filter. There are I think 6 bolts holding it up there. Remove those, comes right out. It's alot easier than older transmission. There are no check ***** to watch out for.
This is probably the only time that this has happened. That's why I asked here. I figured this had to have happened to someone before. Guess not. Either way, it's on the forum and I hope it helps someone in the future.
Just imagine what the dealer would have charged me for this!
You solution was going to be my suggestion, I rebuild one of my trannys a few months ago, and I toyed with the pin on the valve body, when I put my valve body back in it was set in N for park so when I put it in gear it went to 1 and then didnt move I was like WTF so I had to remove the pan and sure enough my pin had fell out too ha ha, Btw there are check ***** they are inside though you need to seperate the valve body to get to them I beleive there are 7 then a series of springs and pistons like stated above

Quick Reply: 2006 Ram 545RFE transmission trouble