3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tires "Toyo"

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 02:32 AM
mopar03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires "Toyo"

Hey guys, back in august i got a set of Toyo ATs, I live in Wisconsin and Toyo Tires are pretty rare up here, all you see is BF Goodrich ATs all over the place, i think there over rated even tho there a damn good tire. So far the Toyo ATs have been damn good to me, they grip so well. Any of you guys running ATs? if so lets talk about them.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:37 AM
CGBear

I think people get the BFG AT's because they're a good price, but I don't like them at all. I've had them on several vehicles and they just haven't performed very good on any terrain. I like that they didn't make a lot of noise, but that's it. I had them on a pair of Jeeps and thought that it was the light weight of the vehicle that caused bad snow and mud performance. NOPE, they'd push through corners and didn't stop well. They weren't any good on a full size 4x4 dodge ram.

I replaced them all with Goodyear Wrangler radials, the ones that used to come stock on the Jeep Wrangler. I got better snow performance and good off road too. I now have a set of Firestone Destination AT's on my Ram and love them!
I've had them for almost 3 years and they still look and perform great. I won't hesitate to take my 2 wheel drive short bed ram out in the heavy snow. Something I would never have done with the tires that came on my truck. If these Firestones ever wear out, they're getting replaced by the same tire!!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:39 AM
CGBear

I've read good things about Toyo tires at Tirerack.com.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at nitto terra grapplers, but found a used set of cheaper tires and just bought them. Check the FAQ in the 3rd gen section it has tons of info on all kinds of stuff.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:02 AM
mopar03

One of my friends just got a set of nitto terra grapplers on his chevy 2500, they have a aggresive pattern. And cgbeer like you said about bfg at's, here in Wisconsin they have a good price. I at least see 10 to 20 trucks each day with a set of bfg at's on them. I got a damn good price on the toyo's, and like i said they have been pretty good. They grip well on wet roads and do good in the snow, becasue of the offset in the pattern they really dont pack up with snow or mud. I have had them for 8 months and the best part is that i have not seen another truck with toyo at's on them lol

Quick Reply: Tires "Toyo"